2018 NMBSMC Scholarship
General Information and Instructions
The New Mexico Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for a $1000.00 scholarship award for the
2018-2019 academic year. We are soliciting candidates to compete for a scholarship that will be awarded this summer. The scholarship criteria are as follows:
- New Mexico High School graduating Senior
- Academic performance and eligible to graduate (minimum 2.5 GPA). Copy of transcript with school counselor initials from current institution are required.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Essay of 500 words but no more than 800 words that answers the following question:
How does the legacy of the Buffalo Soldiers inspire you?
Additionally, please describe the following in a 2-3 page narrative:
- Your involvement in extracurricular activities on campus and/or in the community
- A description of any leadership roles you have assumed
- A description of your accomplishments (i.e. grades, awards, special recognition/honor in any areas).
- Your passion in life and what you want to do with your education
- How the Buffalo Soldier Scholarship will help you
The completed application, transcript, letters of recommendation,
essay and narrative package must be
post-marked no later than May 15, 2018.
If you have questions or require additional information, please contact
NMBSMC President and Scholarship Co-Chair
Rene "Rooster" Matison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Club, One Patch, One Mindset.
New Mexico Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club
P. O. Box 57061
Albuquerque, NM 87187
© New Mexico Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club
All Rights Reserve
We do NOT claim any territory or area.
We are a family and community-oriented
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program. The 2018 deadline has passed. Please come back in the Spring of 2019!